- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Cut the skin from the pineapple and slice the fruit into 1-inch slices (see below). Store the leftover pineapple in an airtight container.
- Lightly rub olive oil on the chicken and sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken on the grill for 5 minutes per side or until done.
- Grill the pineapple directly on the grate for 2 minutes on each side or until nicely browned. Toast the buns for 30 seconds.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the lime juice and spread the lime-mayonnaise on the bottom of the buns, top each with a chicken breast, 1 pineapple slice, basil leaves and the top bun. Serve.
NOTE: How to cut a pineapple:
Cut off crown and trim the ends. Cut in half, then in quarters. Remove the core and cut into large chunks, peeling the skin away.