How to Use Coconut Oil
Unrefined, virgin coconut oil in all its rich and creamy glory has been quite the trendy fat source ever since hitting the shelves. Whether you use it to tame those luscious locks, remove eye makeup or sauté your favorite veggies, its mild, subtlety sweet and nutty flavor is sure to satisfy. Coconut oil is extremely high in lauric acid, a saturated fat categorized as a medium-chain fatty acid. Unlike the saturated fats in animal products like butter, evidence shows that coconut oil may have a neutral and even beneficial effect on cholesterol levels! Furthermore, because this superstar oil contains a variety of plant nutrients, it’s also loaded with antioxidants. Here are some amazing ways you can use Simple Truth Organic Coconut Oil.
Health and Body
- Lather your legs with moisturizing coconut oil after the shower for a smooth glow.
- Exfoliate naturally with this DIY Coconut, Brown Sugar and Rose Body Scrub or Coconut and Lime Sugar Scrub
- Dab a bit of coconut oil on a cue tip to effortlessly remove eye makeup without any harsh additives.
- Keep a bit of coconut oil at your desk for a simple hand cream.
- For a soothing hair treatment, combine a tablespoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon of honey in a bowl. Apply mixture onto ends of dry hair, cover with a towel or show cap and allow treatment to sit for 45 minutes. Afterwards, go about your regular shower routine and say hello to healthy hair!
- Say goodbye to frizz by using a bit of coconut oil to smooth fly-aways.
- After your usual cleansing routine, smooth a bit of coconut oil onto your face for a moisturizing night treatment.
- Rub a bit of coconut oil onto skin to alleviate dry, flaky elbows.
- Swap out the butter in your next batch of cookies for dairy-free coconut oil. We love it in our Chewy Natural Oatmeal Cookies.
- Swap out shortening in pie crust recipes for trans fat-free coconut oil.
- Sautee a chopped head of broccoli in a tablespoon of coconut oil with fresh chopped garlic and sea salt for an easy side dish.
- Heat three tablespoons of coconut oil over medium high in a large pot with a lid. Add ½ cup of popcorn kernels. Shake constantly until all popcorn has popped and then sprinkle with sea salt for natural, “buttery” popcorn in minutes!