2/3 cup red and orange bell pepper, finely diced 1/2 cup asparagus, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
3/4 cup green onion, sliced
1 Tbsp ginger, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup Simple Truth Organic® quinoa
2 cups water
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 Tbsp grapeseed oil
15-20 shrimp (defrosted, deveined, de-tailed) 2 tsp soy sauce, for shrimp marinade
Pepper, to taste
Simple Truth Organic® Cilantro, chopped to garnish
Sesame seeds, to garnish
2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil 2 Tbsp grapeseed oil
1. In a bowl, toss shrimp with 2 tsp soy sauce and a dash of pepper and let marinate, while prepping the quinoa.
2. Using a large, high-sided skillet with a tight-fitting lid, add 1Tbsp grapeseed oil and quinoa, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the quinoa starts to turn to a golden color, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes and continue to cook, stirring for another minute. Add water and salt and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over medium heat until the water is absorbed, about 15-18 minutes. Add the bell pepper, green onions, and asparagus and cook for another 5 minutes, on medium-low heat, covered. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for another couple minutes.
3. Meanwhile, whisk 2 Tbsp grapeseed oil, 2 tsp soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil in a bowl. Add the vinaigrette to the quinoa and veggies and toss to combine.
4. Remove the shrimp from the soy sauce and lay on a paper towel to remove most of the liquid. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the remaining 1/2 Tbsp of grapeseed oil. When hot, add the shrimp and cook for about 2-4 minutes, depending on the size, turning them over halfway through.
5. Stir the shrimp into the warm quinoa salad mixture. Garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds and enjoy!